How to configure secundario.nic.cr in Linux.
Equipo NIC Costa Rica
The following guidelines will help you to enter the secondary server provided by NIC Costa Rica, using your DNS in Linux or Unix operating system. Important Notes This guide will use the domain ejemplo.cr as an example. The server name will be recursivo.crnet.cr and the IP will be 184.108.40.206 The DNS recursivo.crnet.cr and the IP 220.127.116.11 should be substituted for your server name and your IP. The FREE server name is secundario.nic.cr and its IP address is: 18.104.22.168. Steps to configure it:
1. In your primary server, log into the path following the below examples for both Unix and Linux /etc/namedb/named.conf (if you use FreeBSD/OpenBSD) /etc/bind/named.conf (if you use Ubuntu o Debian Linux) /etc/named.conf (if you use Centos, Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL-)
2. Enable the zone transfer for the IP 22.214.171.124, which corresponds to the secundario.nic.cr
The option allow-transfer will let you add other secondary servers IPÂ´s. It is suggested to enable the "notify" option of your DNS sever so that any change made to your domain, is immediately notified to your secondary servers, including secundario.nic.cr
3. In your DNS domain table include secundario.nic.cr DNS servers of your domain.
4. Restart your service by using pkill -HUP named, /etc/rc.d/named restart or /etc/init.d/bind restart, (according to your Unix or Linux version).
5. Do not forget to enable port 53 for TCP/UDP.
6. Go to our website www.nic.cr. After that, go to Frequent Procedures. Once there, choose the Change of Domain Information? option, click on Technical Information.? Add NIC Costa Rica name server at the end of the servers list. After that, add your primary server IP in the corresponding field. In case that you have 2 or more servers, you will need to provide us with the primary server IP.
7. To verify the information and configuration of your DNS server, you can test it with the dig tool, as shown below: $dig @[IP address of your primary DNS server] [your domain name] $dig @126.96.36.199 [your domain name] The IP 188.8.131.52 must be changed to your primary server IP and the domain ejemplo.cr must be substituted with your domain name. The IP 184.108.40.206 is the IP to our secondary server.
Recommended Bibliography: a) DNS and BIND (5th Edition). By Cricket Liu, Paul Albitz. b) Pro DNS and BIND. By Ron Aitchison.
•Schedule for Holy Week
•Domain Blocking and Unblocking Policy
•NIC Costa Rica signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Germany, Brazil and Czech Republic
•Dispute-resolution service provider
•New instance of ICANN L-Root Server Installed in Costa Rica
•How to protect your children on the Internet - OpenDNS
•Check out the newly available domains for today
•NIC Costa Rica is ready for the next generation IPV6 - World IPv6 Day
•The domains .cr now are faster and they are in the entire world.
•Seconday Server free for domains under .cr
•Implementation of a distributed systems architecture
•How to configure secundario.nic.cr in Linux
•How to configure secundario.nic.cr in Windows
•Advantages of Registering a .cr Domain.
domains .cr |
about us |
domain name registration |
about privacy |
frequent procedures |
whois | news | contact registration | site map | statistics | contact us | Español
NIC - Internet Costa Rica ® 2002. All Rights Reserved